Sunday, May 3, 2009

crap!

I forgot to buy my tickets for Hillside

There are no all-weekend passes left. They went on sale this morning.

In addition to my amazing friend Kate, Loreena McKennit (practically from my hometown) will be performing, as well as Buffy Ste Marie and David Francey.

There are single day tickets left. That will have to suffice for this year.

My blogging seems to have been reduced to short sentences and off-the cuff random thoughts. Don't worry...things are percolating. I'll write about them eventually.

ETA - just to clear up any confusion - I've met neither Buffy St Marie or Loreena McKennit. I grew up in a small town near Stratford, where Loreena lives, and I love her music. But I've never met her.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Percolation usually makes for a really good cup of coffee....

Solo said...

Wow, Anna, I'm impressed by your Friends list!! Is that THE Buffy St. Marie, like from MY day??? I didn't know she was still singing. Sounds like a fun time. Need to hear details with pix, okay?
Seems like I learn something new everytime I visit here. Thanks for that!

Anna said...

No, I've never actually met Buffy St. Marie - or Loreena McKennit. And I don't know a lot about Buffy, except that I used to watch her on Sesame Street when I was a kid, and she's Canadian. I grew up in a small town close to where Loreena lives, I love her music, and to see her in an outdoor venue will be most incredible.

The friend I'm referring to is Kate Reid, who I met last summer. She's a talented singer/songwriter, and I think it's so awesome that she's playing Hillside - she lives in Vancouver, and I don't get to see her often.