Friday, October 31, 2008

no, really I like my job

The last entry was so short....I had to leave just when I'd gotten started with it.

I really like the job. It's a good working environment. They pay me fairly. I even have paid lunch hours, which is totally weird - not that I'm complaining or anything. Don't let anyone tell you that there's no difference between non-profit and for-profit child care. I've worked in both, and I would much rather put my trust (and my kids) in non-profit.

At my last shiatsu session, on Thursday, my therapist remarked on how good I am at manifesting what I need. A life on my own. People that care about me. A job. A child care subsidy. A car - yes, my dad is taking me car shopping tomorrow. I could probably keep the Focus if I wanted to, but I'm hoping to find something with lower payments.

Perhaps someday I can manifest a relationship for myself.

In the meantime, I am way too busy. I'm away from home 11 hours a day. Emily is with me on alternate days, and since I'm a "floater" I am in her room some of the time. Long enough to spend time with her, not too long for her to drive me crazy - she's testing me already.

And the little village where I work is an amazing place. Very small, very quiet. There are a lot of Mennonites, which adds to that old-fashioned aura. A river and a pond in the middle of town. The smell of apple cider wafts through the streets on windy days - there is a cider processing mill just a few steps away from the day care. Which, incidentally, has no parking lot - parents park in front. I am the only employee who drives to work.

Weird. But I like it. I could live there.

If I ever remember to buy batteries for the camera, I'll take pictures.

Happy halloween, everyone! My witchy friends and I are getting together to celebrate Samahain at a public ritual tomorrow night.

I am so tired.....off to bed for me!

4 comments:

Avril Fleur said...

Glad to hear it's going well and you're enjoying it so far. That's some excellent manifesting! I'm going to try that with a job now! :)

Butch Boo said...

Hope you had a great Halloween.

I wouldn't go round calling yourself a floater in the UK it means something else here!!

BB

X

thewishfulwriter said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your job and the perks that come with it!

I dread having to go back into an office, but unless I can scare up some more freelance work, that's exactly where I'm headed. Sigh :)

an ambrosia life said...

I look forward to seeing some photo's in your blog....I like the combination of visuals and writings.