Sunday, August 24, 2008

I don't do memes...oh wait, yes I do

Tagged by OC

A. Attached or single?
Newly single, but nobody in my family knows yet.

B. Best friend?
Not really. I have a few close friends. I'm close to my sister. My best friend from high school is still a good friend of mine, especially since my parents unofficially adopted her last year.

C. Cake or pie?
Carrot cake, but I can only eat a little bit.

D. Day of choice?
I like them all. I always look forward to days that I can have to myself.

E. Essential item?
My desk, my pens and notebooks, my laptop, my ipod and itunes.

F. Favorite color?
Green, the colour of the summer earth.

G. Gummy bears or worms?
Gummy bears. Gummy worms are too slimy

H. Hometown?
A small town in southwestern Ontario

I. Indulgence?
Chocolate. Pita chips and hummus from Al Madina in the market. A long meditation in my back yard. A good book.

J. January or July?
Do I have to choose? I love winter, the snow, the turning inward, the storms that race through here. I love (now that I've lost 105 pounds) the heat of summer, the growing things, the promise of harvest. Every month has its beauty for me.

K. Kids?
M, age 18, and E, almost 5.

L. Life isn’t complete without?
my girls, my family, my writing

M. Marriage date?
N and I never married.

N. Number of brothers & sisters?
Three brothers and one sister.

O. Oranges or apples?
Whatever is in season. Right now, peaches and Paula Red apples.

P. Phobias?
I can't climb higher than the third step on a ladder. And while I've dealt with many bodily functions at both ends of the age spectrum, the one I really,really can't handle is phlegm.

Q. Quotes?
Two: Be the change that you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened. Don’t open the door to the study

and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.Let the beauty we love be what we do.

There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. (Rumi)


R. Reasons to smile?
My daughter.

S. Season of choice?
the change of every season is the time I love best

T. Tag seven peeps!
I'm going to cheat here and not do that.

U. Unknown fact about me?
I used to run away from home every summer, legitimately. I would go work for an aunt who lived on a farm. I spent the summer I turned 16 in Alberta babysitting my cousins. The next year I worked at a summer camp. I hated being at home in the summertime, and needed the escape.

V. Vegetable?
Whatever's in season, fresh and local. Right now, tomatoes and zucchini from my garden.

W. Worst habits?
I swear like a truck driver. I leave books all over the house. I'm not very tidy.

X. X-ray or ultrasound?
I've had both of them. At least with ultrasound, there was happy news both times - my babies were there with their beating little hearts.

Y. Your favorite food?
Must I choose? There's not a lot of food I don't like.

Z. Zodiac sign?
Cancer

1 comment:

Maria said...

You lost 105 pounds!? WOW. That is quite an achievement.