Monday, January 24, 2011

still here

It's ironic, I think, to excuse oneself from blogging because of all the writing that's being done elsewhere...but that's exactly what's happened in my life. I've been following The Artists Way by Julia Cameron, and doing it right this time. In reality it means that I'm getting up earlier to write morning pages, and allowing creativity to flow in whatever direction is open. The best thing about the Artists Way is the discipline it instills. I write every day, rain or shine, angst or no angst, because I must. And if all I write are my three soggy pages of self-absorbed drivel then so be it.

In other words, things are very good. Life is happening. I'm happy, for the most part. Trying to put everything together is exhausting - balancing work, and home, and a social life (listen, when you've been without one for so long it really does become important)...and the kids...and a relationship...and then there's writing...you see what I mean. I've had to take a good, long look at what's important. I spend too much time at the computer, and it's become the new excuse for not getting things done. Really, it's facebook, and not blogging that eats my time unnecessarily, but I've been staying away from the computer in general to gain a new perspective. I finally feel like I can be here, on Blogger, and not idly stray over to my social networking addiction for five minutes, which turns to ten, and then an hour later...so I will be here more often.

I've been going through my old notebooks. I've found some things I previously overlooked that I really like. I will post some of them here.

6 comments:

MakingSpace said...

Hi friend, so nice to read you again and to know you're doing so well. Looking forward to your next entries.

reeflightning said...

hi camlin, good to see you back on the blog!

B said...

Good to see you, Camlin. Miss your posts. I am at a writing roadblock. My audience has changed so I must change my novel to match. Sooo frustrating. I'd be happy with three pages a day! Bravo!

Kalisis Rising said...

Oooh, you were missed! Glad to see you back around these blogging parts.

Can't wait to read the old stuff and to hear the new stuff as it unfolds.

Fortune Cookies said...

The Artist's Way, huh? I think I may need to head over to Amazon and look that one up for personal use...Glad you are well!

Queen of Ruckus said...

Facebook = Bad, Blogging = Good. The Artists Way is a great book. I started reading it (at the suggestion of another writer) and it has helped tremendously. The morning pages do help with the dreaded "writer's block." Keep at it, Ms. Camlin! Hope to read a new post soon. Thanks for subscribing too. Stay Warm! Cheers!